On Sunday, March 04, 2012 01:59:53 Simon Wunderlich wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 03:35:18PM +0800, Marek Lindner wrote:
> > -static void bat_iv_ogm_receive(struct hard_iface *if_incoming,
> > -                          struct sk_buff *skb)
> > +static void _bat_iv_ogm_receive(struct sk_buff *skb,
> > +                           struct hard_iface *if_incoming)
>
> <rant>
> Personally, I don't like underscore functions. They are usually created
> because of a lack of creativity, but are later called from different
> places, do different jobs and in the end everyone is confused. :) Is it
> possibble to change the name, e.g. to bat_iv_ogm_handle()?
> </rant>

Hmm.., I kind of agree. I'll think about another solution.  :-)

> We should somewhere add a check whether the hard_iface is actually assigned
> to a mesh using the BATMAN IV algorithm. When more algorithms are added,
> we only want the assigned protocol to be handled, others should be
> ignored.

You are right - we need a check but not necessarily in this patch. We lived
without such a check for quite while. This patch is not introducing a loophole
that did not exist before. I'll send a separate patch.

Thanks for the comments!

Cheers,
Marek