On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:57:24PM +0100, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> OGMs are currently prepared 1 originator interval in advance then the time
> they
> are used to be sent. This means that once in the air they carry old
> information
> (e.g. TT announcements).
>
> To fix this, postpone the OGM creation to the same time of sending, in this
> way
> the OGM is first created and then immediately sent.
>
> This patch also removes an insane "-2" that was introduced with
> 4d30670880c84071dba4b220f595e64d6c01d1ba ("batman-adv: accept delayed
> rebroadcasts to avoid bogus routing under heavy load") in the OGM seqno
> validation code that was put there to fix a possible heavy loaded scenario.
> First that operation shown to be completely not valid and consequently it was
> creating problem to the new behaviour introduced by this patch

Actually the -2 was not introduced there but was present (in some form) for a
much
longer time ... something before 2009, didn't trace it to the very end. :)

The reason for this was:
 * seqno is increased right after scheduling a new (own OGM)
 * the scheduled OGM was waiting one more cycle before beeing finally sent

Seems we forgot to document this properly, but removing this one is a good
idea. :)
Your patch thankfully seems to correctly eliminate both reasons for
"correcting" the
incoming seqno.

I haven't reviewed the rest (don't know if this will stir trouble for the
aggregation),
but wanted to comment on this history bit. :) Please remove/correct the
reference if
you merge or send it again.

Thanks!
        Simon