On 09/27/2013 08:07 AM, Marek Lindner wrote:
> On Thursday 26 September 2013 10:29:49 Matthias Schiffer wrote:
>> batman-adv saves its table of packet handlers as a global state, so handlers
>> must be set up only once (and setting them up a second time will fail).
>>
>> The recently-added network coding support tries to set up its handler each
>> time a new softif is registered, which obviously fails when more that one
>> softif is used (and in consequence, the softif creation fails).
>>
>> Fix this by moving the handler setup to batadv_recv_handler_init(), which is
>> called by batman-adv's __init function (and where most other packet
>> handlers are set up).
>
> Would you mind changing your approach to adding a global nc_init() /
> nc_free()
> and do the callback registration there ?
>
> Thanks,
> Marek

No problem. Any idea for a good name for the new function? Currently,
the init functions are named a bit inconsistently, there is
batadv_iv_init, which is called in batadv_init, and many other
batadv_*_init called in batadv_mesh_init. I'd prefer renaming all those
to batadv_*_mesh_init, but that seems like lots of avoidable changes for
a net/stable patch.

Maybe the maint patch could stay like it is, and I'll add another patch
on top for master that cleans things up?