Hello

when trying to compile the latest batctl code from the git repository I
run into a compiler error
(gcc 4.8.5 and eglibc-2.18) .

As far as I could figure out the problem is caused by the define of
__unused in main.h. In my case
I use the libnl-3.2.25 to compile the code. The libnl header files include
the netdb.h header file
which uses __unused as an element of a struct. The define in the main.h of
the batctl code leads to a
compiler error. Renaming the define in main.h to something like __unused_
and corresponding
changes in the batctl code using __unused solves the compile time issue.
But due to my lack
of knowledge I don't know if this breaks the code.... On my devices batctl
seems to work properly
after changing this, but before sending a patch, I would like to ask you
guys first ;-)

Best regards,
Andreas

PHOENIX CONTACT ELECTRONICS GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft / registered office of the company: 31812 Bad Pyrmont
USt-Id-Nr.: DE811742156
Amtsgericht Hannover HRB 100528 / district court Hannover HRB 100528
Geschäftsführer / Executive Board: Ulrich Leidecker, Christoph Leifer
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten
haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren, jegliche anderweitige Verwendung sowie die unbefugte
notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
copying, disclosure, distribution or other use of the material or parts thereof
is strictly forbidden.