Actually, for some basic tests you could skip the netns part and
just use veth directly:

$ ip link add veth0 type veth peer name veth1
$ batctl -m bat0 if add veth0
$ batctl -m bat1 if add veth1
$ ip link set up dev veth0
$ ip link set up dev veth1
$ ip link set up dev bat0
$ ip link set up dev bat1

And then check with "batctl -m bat{0,1} originators" for instance.

Cheers, Linus