Hi Mokhi -

batmand implements IP-based routing with an older version of the B.A.T.M.A.N.
protocol. Development is stalled. It currently lacks originator message
aggregation and IPv6 support. I might add some improvements and features one
day, but don't bet your money on it.

However, it is a simple, lightweight and fully working mesh routing daemon that
has been used mainly by Villagetelco and community networks. It can be used in
high range, low bandwidth networks such as meshes between maritime sensors or
short wave packet radio. For this, small packet size is required and using IPv6
addresses is unnecessary overhead.

Today most community networks that mainly deal with Internet traffic have
replaced it with batman-adv, though. It offers more features and is under
active development.

batman-adv is a different approach, as it doesn't implement IP-based routing
but a virtual layer 2 switch via the mesh. batman-adv offers interesting and
exciting capabilities, thanks to the different approach. However, the technical
implementation is way more difficult and porting it to a different OS is
probably a lot of work, as Simon has pointed out.

A IP-based fork of batmand is bmx6/7, which is actively developed, has IPv6
support, originator message aggregation support and many other bells and
whistles.

There might be a *BSD port already, but I don't know. Porting bmx* should be
relatively easy, as it is a IP routing daemon.

Cheers,
Elektra

--
Viral meme of radical freedom

The fact that you talk in your head doesn't mean that you think.

The best way to lose control over yourself is trying to control yourself.

Most people experience themselves as a voice in their head, telling them
 who they are, what they think and what they have to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme