Thanks for your reply, Sven. Comments inline below

Sven Eckelmann wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 June 2023 22:38:23 CEST mark.mu...@draeger.com wrote:

If I read your message correctly, the bridging of interfaces may make my
original question moot. If I am wrong about that, I will go back to your
original answer.

> If it should be a transparent bridge between mesh without IP routing then
> please add bat0+eth1 in the same bridge. And then configure the IP address on
> top of the bridge.

I think I understand this to mean that I should remove the ipaddress, netmask
configuration items from the bat0 interface, and create a bridge with bat0 and
eth1. Something more like this for 10.1.1.1, and similar changes for 10.2.1.1
where it is actually the bridge interface that contains holds the IP address
info

# new configuration file
# /etc/network/interfaces for 10.1.1.1
#
source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d

allow-hotplug eth0
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow hotplug eth1
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
        address 10.1.1.1
        netmask 255.0.0.0
        gateway 10.0.0.1
#        dns-nameservers 1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

allow hotplug bat0
auto bat0
iface bat0 inet manual          <-- changed from static
#        address 10.2.1.4
#        netmask 255.0.0.0
        up ip link set up dev $IFACE
        pre-up ip link set up dev wlan0
        pre-up iw dev wlan0 del
        pre-up iw phy phy0 interface add wlan0 type mesh
        pre-up iw dev wlan0 set channel 149 80MHz
        pre-up ip link set up dev wlan0
        pre-up iw dev wlan0 mesh join mesh149
        pre-up batctl if add wlan0
        pre-up batctl if add eth1