On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Baptiste Jonglez
<bapti...@bitsofnetworks.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is yet another OpenWRT-related change for babeld: I just merged procd
> support for babeld [2], after more than two years of lingering [1].
>
> The only user-visible changes should be:
>
> - babeld now logs to the system log (visible with "logread") instead of a
>   file in /var/log.  This is nice for embedded devices, where you don't
>   want to write too much to the filesystem.  It is still possible to
>   explicitly configure babeld to use a log file;
>
> - babeld is now restarted automatically whenever it crashes;
>
> - the usual procd niceties: calling "/etc/init.d/babeld reload" will
>   restart babeld only if the configuration has changed.
>

> Please test babeld 1.8.0-2 and report any resulting breakage.  I would
> like this change (and the other compatibility change) to make it into the
> upcoming LEDE release, which is due to happen quite soon.

Groovy.

lede can dynamically insert/delete routes into tables from netifd
babeld can pull routes from "protos" but not tables.

I spoke with hedecker (? can't remember his email) about somehow
having a field to export routes into kernel protos in the lede network
file, he indicated he'd look at it in a few weeks.

(I wanted to get away from ever having to revise the conf file
dynamically, but it looks like not this release. Not having to restart
babeld as per the above is a nice improvement though and I'll get on
testing it this weekend. At the moment I'm going through some mild
hell with dhcpv6-pd on comcast and adding "sonic" fiber (with a HE
ipv6 tunnel. Will hopefully have 4 source specific gateways to play
with here)

In other other news the "rabeld" backport of the gentler route switch
change loses kernel routes on the vyatta (3.10 based) OS in the
edgerouter. :(. That said, haven't tested mainline babeld there yet.
It seems to work on debian.

For those fiddling with edgerouter's default 1.9.x OS, backports of
cake, iproute, and rabeld are presently here:
https://build.lochnair.net/

> Baptiste
>
> [1] https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/pull/55
> [2] https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/pull/250