You may also be interested in a quick integration test I built using
network-lab [0]

It's not a great set of unit tests like you would hope to find in a
modern language, but it does go a long way to allowing quick testing of
changes and only takes a few seconds to run.

[0]
https://github.com/althea-mesh/babeld/commit/9fcfe5050c026f68b7944ab466c4ee6e4b232695

--
  Justin Kilpatrick