Hi,

I get the impression that they don't get reused over time (such as http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/17943.stm , which must be among the oldest news stories still on the BBC news site).

However, the same story might have several different IDs by being updated and then published as a new story, which you might want to take into account.

Hope that helps,
Duncan

Gavin Joyce wrote:
Hi,

Are the IDs of articles published on bbc unique per article without
time limit? Or are the IDs reused with time.

Earlier today an article was published with the following url and title:

ID: 4620079
Published: 24/06/2005 16:23:55

Later an second article was published using the same URL/ID:

ID: 4620079
Published: 24/06/2005 16:30:10

I am going to do some more debugging on my system in case that it is a
bug on my side, but if this behaviour is possible in the bbc system
some insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Gavin

-