|
I too would love to see some sort of service like this on R1 and R2. I'm not sure about sending the song out via SMS, but surely a webpage detailing the last 10 songs played shouldn't be too difficult? (OK I'm no developer, but surely it should be possible)
It'd definitely be music to people's ears (pun not intended!) - no more annoying "what's that song that's just played" on the radio business. I know there's Shazam et al, but the prices they charge are a bit of a rip-off, at 50p per track. So if you've heard a number of songs on the radio, it could be rather costly. Also, some R1 & R2 (Steve Wright seems to do this fairly often) presenters don’t always back-announce the songs. I know R2 has a playlist on its website after the show, but it can be difficult to tell which song was played when as it does not have times.
Virgin does something like this on their website - http://www.virginradio.co.uk/thestation/nowplaying/
They also display the name of the current playing track as well. I’d like to see the BBC expand on this and provide the artist/track title of the last 10 played songs. I know R1 does display the currently playing track and artist on some shows, so they do have the technology to at least display the current playing song. Whether this is updated manually, or taken from a feed I don’t know – perhaps someone in the know would like to expand on it?
-----Original Message-----
What about running a stream through some kind of acoustic fingerprint lookup service like MusicBrainz or Shazam? As I don't think this kind of data will be available in the near future...
Kim
-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tony Hirst Sent: 25 July 2005 11:56 Subject: [backstage] What's playing now...
If server load isn;t really an issue, I'd love to have access to a 'what's playing now/what's just played' feed...
As well as tickers, there are a stack of potential mobile applications...
eg mre often than not, there'll be a tune playing on a music station that i miss the name of/miss the artist, and I would love to be able to send a txt ("wjp radio1") and a get a msg back with attributions for the last 3 tunes (and perhaps download links for those tunes from an online music store, or reservation links to add the appropriate album to my amazon wichlist)
tony
- Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.
- Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html. |
- Re: [backstage] What's playing now... Dave Cross
- Re: [backstage] What's playing now... Richard Lockwood
- Re: [backstage] What's playing now... Chris Haynes
- Re: [backstage] What's playing now... Richard Lockwood
- Re: [backstage] What's playing now... Sven Latham
- Re: [backstage] What's playing now... Richard Lockwood
- RE: [backstage] What's playing now... icmore
- RE: [backstage] What's playing now... Andrew Bowden
- RE: [backstage] What's playing now... Dan Hill
- Re: [backstage] What's playing now... Tony Hirst
- Re: [backstage] What's playing now... Nick Crossland
- RE: [backstage] What's playing now... Dan Hill
- Re: [backstage] What's playing now... Tony Hirst
- RE: [backstage] What's playing now... Brendan Quinn
- RE: [backstage] What's playing now... Andre . Berthold

