mario,

i like the concept a lot. what would be great also (unless i missed this functionality?) would be some date/time search functionality. i always want to know whats on now and next without having to walk to my TV ;-)

cheers
david

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mario Menti
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 8:43 PM
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: Re: [backstage] UPDATE backstage.bbc.co.uk TV Schedule Competition

I guess you're right "officially, but I (and many others) have been running IM bots on MSN and AIM for years. It's true that its not officially supported, and these companies every now and then (on purpose?) break their protocols, but it usually takes no longer than a day or two for people to update their software (e.g. Trillian and Gaim never stay out of action for long...).

I've quickly set up a couple more bots running the same code, since Jabber users may still be relatively few:

On MSN, add "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" to your buddies, on AIM add "bbcbackstage"

Sending any message to them will start them talking..