That's pretty cool.

In a similar vein, but different vein... any chance of BBC rolling out a News24 style channel, but with a national focus.

[channel wouldn't have to be broadcast - could be broadband]

I've got sky, and sometimes watch different regional news programmes or versions of the politics show - some of the regional news programmes are excellent, but as they're all simulcast I tend to miss out on stuff.

Would it be feasible to have a channel that recycled features from these programmes, linking them with national bulletins ?

I guess it would end up a bit like "Nationwide" or "60 minutes"
http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/bbcnews/bbcnationalnewsevening.html

If not as a whole channel, would it be possible to just release video of the invdividual news items on to the news.bbc site - tag 'em up or attach an RSS feed and let people pick 'n' mix the news they're interested in.