Brief update on this...

On 12/7/05, Mario Menti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Text the name of a BBC TV station (no radio stations - yet) to 07781 488578.

This will send you back a text message with what's on now/next on the TV channel you selected. It also contains a link to a xhtml-basic page that shows you the programme information (synposis), so if your phone supports clickable SMS messages you can click straight through to the programme details. At the moment the pages are xhtml only, so it won't work on old WAP1.0/wml-only phones (but it wouldn't be hard to add this capability, as the pages as ultra-simple..).

FYI - I have added support for wml markup, so these pages will now work on older WAP1.0 phones also. It uses the the magic of Wurfl ( http://wurfl.sourceforge.net) to automatically determine the device's preferred type of markup, and then serve wml or xhtml respectively (I currently only distinguish between these two, but more would be possible).

The pages now could serve as a sort of simple "BBC now/next" mobile site, so you could access them directly on your phone/device by going to http://x.menti.name/all - this should give you content (xhtml/wml) appropriate for your type of browser. Or as I said above, send a text message with a BBC TV channel to that number, and the SMS returned will contain a link to the programme synopses of the programmes currently showing on that channel, from which you can browse to the rest of the site if you so wish..

Not tested with too many phones, so feedback welcome as usual..

Mario.