On 10/3/06, Ian Forrester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nice stuff Mario, I will check it out next time I'm in second life.

Can you add some detail how you did it? I've only looked at the scripting language in second life briefly.

Just a thought, if you used the AV News RSS feeds, you could link to the stream which would actually stream into Second life? Or maybe not?

Hi Ian,

as I said, it's very basic... as there is still no way to display HTML as textures on a prim (a Second Life "object"), I use my own server (outside Second Life) to get the newest 10 headlines and create a .jpg for each headline. The object in Second Life uses the LSL (Linden scripting language) to make the http requests, and replace its texture with the updated media resource.

Simple eh?

Re. the AV stream, for streaming in Second Life it would have to be a format supported by Quicktime, which (unless I'm mistaken) the BBC feeds aren't?

Mario.