On 30/11/06, Deirdre Harvey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> :) I wasn't thinking of the non-technies, but rather sticking
> the badge in the footer. A tiny little badge, You'd hardly
> notice it. Just feel that the BBC should be representing
> standards on all levels: whilst these days most listeners may
> not notice a split infinitive, one still expects split
> infinitives to be caught before reaching the airwaves....

Careful now. There is a pretty large school of thought that says there
is no problem with split infinitives in English. Complaining about split
infinitives is kind of like saying "guess what happened to Mike and I".

I tend to agree. So what  did happen to you and Mike then?

--
Andy Roberts

http://distributedresearch.net/blog/