My general thoughts about Joost is that its technology is very good and
impressive. But the content really sucks. If only they could index some of
the video podcasts or something....

The current content is simply for BETA testing, its current userbase
is more interested in finding bugs or which features are lacking. I've
heard whispers of deals being made with News International (FOX etc)
as well as other major film distributors and US networks. If the
encryption is sound and the audience base open to adverts in exchange
for free content, there's no reason for this platform not to become an
alternative to Sky or Cable. If I can watch 24, Scrubs, Family Guy and
Spooks (come on BBC) on-demand via my laptop - I'll chuck my plasma TV
in the skip. :o)

Oh, and did anyone else hear the rumour that Coca Cola's Head of
Marketing was involved in the project or will be shortly?

Rob