Hi Michael,

The label's prefix is always in the ISRC code.... this may explain further...
http://www.riaa.com/issues/audio/isrc_faq.asp
My understanding is that the code is attached to the original and unique recording..... so many recordings of the same song can have different codes... but each is unique in its sound after mastering. They should never be the exact same audio object with different codes. That does make sense to me, as it is the recording that is important in this case, not the lyrical content or title. Obviously this is designed for admin and royalty collection and therefore the code would probably always be considered along with the CD label..... which incorporates the other descriptions one normally requires. It can quickly become very complicated if you want to include Genre of music as a description, as you can see from the changing playlists of radio 1/2 etc. If it is just for live music, then most listeners will be able to discern what they are looking at or listening to from the Venue details along with the Artist name.
So I would look toward the following....
Name, (Song Title)
Artist,
Venue
Date
Album
Composer
Genre
Comments

Obviously there will be other BBC type info that is needed, but these fields should be enough for a complete description, if I follow your idea.
ATB
RichE