From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sean Dillon
Sent: 01 February 2007 17:39
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: Re: [backstage] Hosting (Slightly OT)

James Cridland wrote:
> On 1/30/07, *Davy Mitchell* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>
>     Thought this might be the ideal crowd...
>
>     I am looking for a free (or cheap) hosting for MP3 files for my
>     various auto-generated podcasts such as Mood News and
>     comp.lang.python.
>
> Not free, but certainly very, very cheap and hellishly reliable: Amazon S3.
> www.amazon.com/s3 <http://www.amazon.com/s3> For you it's especially
> useful, since it comes BitTorrent enabled
> automatically: perfect for BitTorrent-enabled clients.

I'd agree with James here, the S3 network is very interesting, very cheap $0.20
per GB bandwidth and $0.15 per GB of storage per month.
It's massively scalable, extremely resilient and the built in BitTorrent
seeding functionality is very good.

I've been experimenting with this and frankly it puts other CDNs into the shade
on both cost and ease of access.

Seán