A discussion (even if it's a short one) on watermarking as a anti-piracy
approach for video would be good. The EMI deal is a bit of a
breakthrough for music, but video is not really affected. At the
EMI-Apple announcement Jobs seemed to rather heavily dismiss the idea of
dropping DRM for video anytime soon.  
Watermarking isn't something I am very familiar with, it would be good
to hear some knowledgeable people discussing it in a wider context.

Cheers, 

David Gill
Australian Communication and Media Authority
03 9963 6871 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 


----------

Ok Agreed, but the chances of getting Bruce Schneier (whose blog I read
daily) is very low indeed. I can but try, but even if we got him in or
he agreed to a phone in. Who else would we have to counter balance
Bruce? 

I was generally thinking people in the community who you might know who
(agreed again) know what there talking about :)

Cheers

Ian Forrester || backstage.bbc.co.uk || cubicgarden.com ||
geekdinner.co.uk

-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe,
please visit
http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.
Unofficial list archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please 
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Reply via email to