So currently we have a couple of guests, however...
1. Who should we get on the podcast?

The EMI guy who did the deal with Steve Jobs.
An EMI competitor.
An artist - someone who has a stake in their intellectual property,
and a bit of an understanding on the distribution crossroads we're at.
Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant?


2. What subjects would you like us to explorer in the podcast?

We're starting to see the DRM wall crumble in the music game. What
parallels are there for the video distribution industry?

EMI tunes on iTunes will be more expensive.  Is this to put some value
on greater flexibility for the customer, or to allay an expectation of
piracy, or to cover the extra bandwidth required for the higher
bitrate.?

I'm an Aussie, and a longtime fan of BBC Radio and TV. Our own Aunty
(ABC) carefully filters some of the BBC TV gems for broadcast down
here, but there's much we haven't seen. I'm a keen fan of comedy and
stumbled across the QI series through my torrenting. This is of such
value to me that I thought I'd ask if the BBC has the facility to
charge foreign viewers the license fee.

Also some general things...
1. Is a hour too long or too short based on the previous podcast?

I loved the first one.  If you can fill three hours with discussion of
this quality then go for it.

2. How would feel about different cut versions? Say full a hour and a 5
min summary?

The value for me was in the full version.

3. Did you share, remix or sample the last podcast?

I pointed it out to many of my colleagues, it generated much tea-time
discussion here.

keep up the great work,
George

--
George Bray - University of Canberra, Australia
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please 
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Reply via email to