iCal's the Mac calendar program (full name iCalendar). iCal is also the
shortened name of the open standard (RFC 2445, thanks Wikipedia) calendar
format, one version of which is used by iCal the program.

http://www.apple.com/ical/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICal

:)