On 16/06/07, Kim Plowright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Please be aware that your statements in this email can be read as a
fairly comprehensive attempt at personally insulting most of the BBC
and ex-BBC people on this list.

That was not my intention. I apologise if I have offended you.
My aim was to point out that the people making decisions often do not
understand the technology they are making decisions on. And if they
did understand it then there would be less problems.

DRM did not just spring into existence. Somebody somewhere had to
think of it, and some media companies had to decide they wanted to use
it. And it is those people I claim do not understand the workings of a
modern general purpose computer. If they had they would have known
from the outset they were getting conned by certain software companies
trying to lock them into a specific solution.

There's nothing wrong with not knowing certain things. But if you are
making decisions that affect huge numbers of people and you don't have
a clue how the devices in question work you should at least take some
good impartial advice.
(I could try and explain somethings, but I am almost certain some
people would claim I am *not* impartial. ;) )

Andy

--
SELECT * FROM remarks WHERE witty=1 LIMIT 1