On 26/06/07, Ian Betteridge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 26/06/07, Brian Butterworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tell you what, you go and actually read the BBC and Ofcom documents
> about the service so you know what you are talking about and then repost,
> eh?

"So with this level of nascent demand, we want to make BBC iPlayer as
widely available as possible, across as many platforms as is feasible. We're
starting with the biggest available audience – the 22 million people who are
broadband connected in Britain. The next biggest audience are 3 million
cable homes. After that, it's Macs, media centres, and smart handheld
devices. Once we've done all that, we'll turn to the really tricky
platforms: DTT via either PVRs or IP hybrid boxes."

Ashley Highfield, MILIA keynote speech, 18 April 2007.

Andrew knows what he's talking about.

To be honest you could read this both ways, either that the iPlayer will get
to 22 million people THEN there is cable, or that the cable service will
have a few letters changed on the header graphic...

Getting back to the subject of this email, the sense that most people
understand about iPlayer is perhaps not what is being currently used inside
the BBC.

www.ukfree.tv