From: Ben O'Neill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 05 July 2007 14:58
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: Re: [backstage] O2 - iPhone deal - UK

Christopher Woods wrote:
Pfft.

Good things and bad things will come from this:

Good:
O2 won't be able to knacker the phone by slapping their custom memory-hogging interface onto it (like they did with my
lovely XDA 2i,
it took me ages to clear out the crap they put on it!)

O2 won't be able to slap their branding on it

Bad:

O2 most likely won't bring out any inclusive data plan for
this, and
since when did they have an EDGE network? Orange has
largest European
EDGE network, and T-Mobile has one too pan-Europe, but O2?
Just plain
old, slow, GPRS. UK iPhone users are going to have HEFTY
data bills,
and they're going to be pissed off with the slow browsing speed.

O2 has a 3G network, it's expected the iPhone will have 3G when it launches here anyway
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html. Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/