interesting mapping of bbc peel data to music ontology by the mighty yves 
raimond

well it pleases me anyway!


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Yves Raimond
Sent: Tue 7/10/2007 6:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: bbc data released
 

Hello!

I just put online the John Peel data. The mapping to the music
ontology was extremely straight forward - I just had to create one new
concept to handle the transmission date (mo:Transmission, which is an
event). Otherwise, everything was already into MO!

For example:
http://dbtune.org/bbc/peel/producer/e5826379ace5151894a6456d69fd1e41
is the URI of Tony Wilson. You can access to all things produced by
him by dereferencing this uri.

Browsing with the tabulator is done at:
http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2005/ajar/ajaw/tab.html?uri=http://dbtune.org/bbc/peel/producer/e5826379ace5151894a6456d69fd1e41

There is a SPARQL end point available at http://dbtune.org:3030/sparql/
The whole RDF dump is there: http://moustaki.org/resources/rdf_dump.rdf.tar.gz

It is *not linked* to anything external right now - i will link it to
an instrument taxonomy, musicbrainz, geonames, and maybe last.fm
snippets later on.

The description of a session stands as follows:

work ----> performance (session) ---> recording ---> record, track, etc.

the performance have several sub events, representing what each
performer is playing
For example:
http://dbtune.org/bbc/peel/perf_ins/c794c6efcc2b74304f49a928aa9c7bf9

and what works have been played
For example:
http://dbtune.org/bbc/peel/perf_work/1032

I will write a more detailed post about how I did this (and I will put
online all the code), but basically it is just a small prolog script
wrapping the bbc data, which is then translated to RDF using P2R.

Cheers!
y

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Music Ontology Specification Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/music-ontology-specification-group?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---


Reply via email to