I'd imagine stats on which story is clicked is quite valuable, particularly when moreover are ranking the stories.
I understand that the BBC tracks external links in order to provide stats to respond to the Graf report's requirement for the BBC to link externally more often, and "become part of the web". This is probably a goal of the Web 2.0 stuff going on around the BBC as well. J On 27/7/07 10:19, "Sean Dillon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/world/americas/6918490.stm > > I know this is totally off topic but I notice that the links to external > stories are actually being redirected through moreover.com rather than > link directly to the site in question (even if it does go through the > internal Beeb redirect tracker) > > Is anyone aware of any reason why they do not link directly to the story > on the relevant site instead? > > Cheers > > Seán > > - > Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please > visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html. > Unofficial list archive: > http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ - Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html. Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

