Fair enough, though I still think that it's counter-productive, secondly,
and upon closer reading, I notice that the T & Cs and the EULA are one and
the same; so my previous complaint about the EULA has been partly rendered
null and void. For once I could and should have read the EULA before
downloading.
Though why they (along with 99.99% of all software devs.) felt the need to
shove it in my face whilst installing I'll never understand.

Vijay.

On 22/08/07, Brian Butterworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayerbeta/tandc.shtml ...
>
> 12. You agree:
>
>  to not attempt to, or assist any other person to *reverse engineer*, *
> de-compile*, *disassemble*, *alter*, duplicate, *modify*, rent, lease,
> loan, sub-licence, make copies, *create derivative works from*, distribute
> or provide others with the BBC iPlayer Library in whole or part, except as
> expressly permitted in these Terms and to the extent permitted by law;
> I think Google call this "the usual yar di dar"...
>
> On 22/08/07, vijay chopra <[EMAIL 
> PROTECTED]<https://mail.google.com/mail?view=cm&tf=0&[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> wrote:
> >
> > Exactly where in the T & Cs does it say thou shalt not port iPlayer to
> > another platform?
> > (If someone point's out a clause in the EULA, I shall point and laugh).
> > Personally I'd think that Auntie would be glad for the help, the Beeb is
> > comitted to making iPlayer platform neutral, right?
> >
> > Vijay.
> >
> > On 22/08/07, Brian Butterworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > <https://mail.google.com/mail?view=cm&tf=0&[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Doesn''t this break the T&Cs ?
> > >
> > > On 22/08/07, Sean Dillon < [EMAIL 
> > > PROTECTED]<https://mail.google.com/mail?view=cm&tf=0&[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> > > wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Can't recall seeing this posted here, but then again it might have
> > > > gotten lost in all the noise or I may have been too bone idle to
> > > > actually remember what I've read.
> > > >
> > > > http://bbciplayerlinux.sourceforge.net/index.php/Main_Page
> > > > "BBC iPlayer on Linux project Wiki
> > > > This is a project to bring the BBC iPlayer to the GNU/Linux and
> > > > *BSD/Mac
> > > > OSX Operating Systems. The BBC has been heavily criticised for not
> > > > providing iPlayer on Mac OSX or Linux.
> > > > This is something that the iPlayer on Linux project hopes to fix.
> > > > Although initially this project aims to put the iPlayer on Linux,
> > > > porting (via wine) to BSD/Mac OSX is a very simple task. "
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Seán
> > > >
> > > > -
> > > > Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe,
> > > > please visit 
> > > > http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html
> > > > .  Unofficial list archive:
> > > > http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Please email me back if you need any more help.
> > >
> > > Brian Butterworth
> > > www.ukfree.tv
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Please email me back if you need any more help.
>
> Brian Butterworth
> www.ukfree.tv
>

Reply via email to