On 18/10/2007, Ian Forrester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  You should do, Windows media player can be embedded and played on Windows
> mobile 5 & 6 devices no problem. Plus you all know the streaming urls and
> screen sizes of most windows mobile devices.
>
> I would use it for sure.

Oh right.

What I was thinking was that it would be very useful to be presented with
all the podcasts in a "latest published" release, and have just a few
buttons:

- play now
- mark to download
- an "I love this" button, so you get to see this podcast highlighted when
there is a new version available and (press again) to download automatically
- an "I hate this" button, this would become a low priority on the first
press, and become hidden eventually
- an "I've already heard this" button

The love/hate facility would simply increment/decrement an internal counter
for the podcast feed.

I suspect you could also have a prioritization system based upon the channel
that originated the programme.

Another useful facility would be to see which programmes are downloaded by
each user - you could then do a "people who like this also liked"

Is there a master index for all the BBC's podcasts?

 Ian Forrester