To my mind, the whole Linux-users debate is a clever way of missing the
whole blooming point.

It matters not exactly what the current percentage is because:

* The BBC Charter is a ten-year commitment, and the BBC does not and cannot
dictate which computers and operating systems licence fee payers will use;

* The point of removing DRM from content is not JUST to make it
multiplatform, it is the ONLY way to continue with the LICENCE FEE, which is
what makes the BBC what it is.  Only IF the iPlayer shares content without
DRM is there any argument whatsoever to transfer the Licence fee from
television sets to broadband connections;

* Everyone currently has to pay the licenece fee, as long as they have
equipment capable of receiving television broadcasts (from analogue
terrestrial, Freeview, Sky/Freesat, cable or IPTV).  Mr Highfield, as the
BBC's representative, is breaking the trust of the Licence Fee payers HE has
determined to ignore.

The 'Linux' percentage debate is a large smelly red herring.

--
Please email me back if you need any more help.

Brian Butterworth
www.ukfree.tv