On 08/11/2007, Brian Butterworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In fact it is not.  RFC 1855 says
>
> "You *may* shorten the message and quote only relevant parts, but be sure
> you give proper attribution. "
>
> http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html
>
> Please stop making up your own rules and then calling them "netiquette".
>
> Thank you kindly.
>

>From the first paragraph of your own link:
"This memo does not specify an Internet standard of any kind"

So why should anyone follow someone else's arbitraty rules instead of their
own? Just because it has an official sounding name?
I'll stick with my own, totally random definition of netiquette thanks, it's
no better nor any worse than any one else's.

Vijay.