Hello all - a quick word from the infamous "Perl on Rails" team itself:

I just wanted to reassure you that we're not at all opposed to making
the code available.

The delay is just a
small-team-working-on-/programmes-and-trying-to-fit-it-all-in thing.

I hope y'all won't be disappointed when we finally get the code out there ;-)

And fwiw i second Dave's comments above - we are nothing if not pragmatists.