On 06/12/2007, Dave Crossland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The difference is that the BBC could drop the probability to zero by
> not requiring the use of proprietary software...

That wouldn't drop the probability to zero.
In fact isn't the bulk of this thread concerned with the way in which
"Perl On Rails" will be non proprietary.

Even if the BBC didn't hate freedom so much and made all it's software
"Free Software" I highly suspect there would still be conversations
about the "right" free software/Open Source license to use.

Didn't this whole discussion arise out of the thought that GPL is not
as free as BSD license?

(though as an aside I too would prefer if the BBC didn't require the
use of non-Free software, I would also prefer they didn't use my
license fee to developing proprietary software)

Andy

--
Computers are like air conditioners.  Both stop working, if you open windows.
                -- Adam Heath