Brendan Quinn wrote:
That's interesting, does anyone else find bbc.co.uk to be any slower than other sites? I can't imagine why anyone in Durham (where this commenter said they lived) would have a particularly bad experience with bbc.co.uk, even JANET users should have fairly good bandwidth links and our servers certainly aren't running at capacity on a normal day...

Not at all.

We're using Keynote to monitor ourselves and other publisher's sites (including the Beeb's) response time. Rarely do we see any major
drop out or performence down-turn from you guys, if we do then it's
usually a localised issue to the user such as a peering/routing problem.

On the whole the BBC's response time is (in my area at least) seen as
_the_ performance mark to compete with.

Perhaps Brian was talking about a specific service you're running as
opposed to the site generically.

Seán