On Jan 7, 2008 1:50 PM, Michael Sparks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Responding to just one point in this:
>
> > like a BBC
> > software engineer spending his "20% time" (supposing engineers at the
> > BBC get that, I'm speculating there) on
>
> No, we don't get that, or any other fraction for that matter.

All my team get 10% time.

It's not taken up by everyone, but the iPhone podcast service is just one of
the outputs of this so far (and the attendant framework to enable other
devices to also have a similar decent podcast experience on a small screen).

My own 10% time will be revealed shortly; it's something to help my team who
work on podcasts.

--
James Cridland | Head of Future Media & Technology, BBC Audio & Music
Interactive

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio | http://www.bbc.co.uk/music |
http://www.bbc.co.uk/digitalradio