An API would be good, one could request a stream ID based on program, or
perhaps just a category, similar to an RSS feed based on program genre or
series. So my webapp could automatically list the latest 5 top gear episodes
for my fan site, with little programming or knowledge of program IDs. An API
could open this up to more PC based programmers, but I don't think it will
initially help exotic devices, as there's the problem of getting the video
to render on the devices. A lot of flashplayers installed on small devices
aren't up to date enough - and then there's the EULA problem...
Interesting to read what you guys are saying about it.