On 21 Jan 2008, at 02:09, Christopher Woods wrote:

I was going through the archives and saw that, which made me wonder - almost five months have passed, and aside from the Flash streaming - which did indeed make its debut just before the end of last year - has the acquisition
of Mr. Rose actually brought about anything truly groundbreaking or
productive for the Beeb? What with him joining the Digital Media team, and with his vast experience in content distribution... Certainly, the core strategy and architecture of the iPlayer doesn't seem to have changed (an albeit more streamlined Kontiki experience, but still with the same MSDRM and still transmitted via the same means) - I've certainly not seen any
particular innovations past what's already there.

Yes, Anthony has made an enormous difference to the iPlayer project and FM&T in general.

I obviously can't say too much, but as someone who was so frustrated with the iPlayer project almost a year ago that I tried to write my own interface, I'm much happier with the way things are now and the way they are going.

Cheers
Jonathan