>       I know there's been discusson around DAB's quality, nationwide
> rollout, relative cost etc... An interesting aticle on El Reg today
> was (typically) biased, but it did have an interesting graph of year-
> on-year change of unit sales sales for DAB receivers....
>       http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/02/dab_disaster_analysis/

I always love this niave belief that by moving to DAB+ (as demonstrated
in the above article) we'll suddenly get wonderful audio quality and it
will be a huge improvement.

I'd like to think it would be, but frankly I don't believe it.  DAB
could have better bitrates right now - but the fact that some commercial
stations are ridiculously low bitrates, speaks volumes to me.
Commercial radio is run by accountants - not sound engineers after all.

Of course, I'm biased.  I have two DAB radios myself and I love them to
bits.  My Bug hovers up comedy from Radio 4 and BBC 7 that I'd overwise
miss, as well as waking me up in the morning, whilst my Evoke 2 has
recently been relocated to the kitchen so that it can blast out 6music
whilst I'm cooking :)