On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Andy wrote:

In case anyone hasn't seen the news:
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7338344.stm>

My officemate just asked me if it worked on the PS3, as it also runs flash 7. I suspect the answer is no, but that shouldn't be much work on the beeb's side.

The thing that caught my eye is the last paragraph in Anthony Rose's blog post (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2008/04/bbc_iplayer_on_wii.html)

"As iPlayer usage on Wii takes off, we'll consider creating an optimised version of the iPlayer for Wii. Hopefully this won.t require people to shell out for the Internet Channel, and which will provide an optimized browsing and playback experience, perhaps even as a dedicated BBC iPlayer channel on Wii."

The BBC building a Wii specific app for the iPlayer? I don't know of anyone other than Nintendo who has any channels released at the moment, so this could be a rather good thing in general.

--billy