On 11/04/2008, Nick Denker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are any conversations with Sky on iPlayer
> running on their platform? It's a pity the HD box doesn't yet use the
> Ethernet port for interactive access, as I'm sure it would be possible
> to implement a DIY solution via the miniweb platform on the sky box
>
> Any thoughts??

Sky is listed in the iPlayer Ofcom market impact report as being somewhat
hostile to the whole thing.  BSkyB thinks that the BBC should just doing
anything where there is 'market failure' and leave everything else to Sky.

We, of course, can list all those successful (non-Sport) UK production by
Sky.  The are all there to watch on Sky Gold!

Nick

--
Please email me back if you need any more help.

Brian Butterworth
http://www.ukfree.tv