Christopher Woods wrote:
Personally I'd rather have naff analogue with continuous audio where I can
gist the few words I miss, rather than have a lossy (moreso than analogue,
arguably) digital signal with squelchy audio and dropouts every so often. I
put up with it on my PC's freeview receiver, but I still find myself
wandering into the kitchen to tune in on the analogue set.

I think I'm a bit strange.

IIRC subjective quality tests have shown that poor quality audio causes a reduction in reported *video* quality of one point on the CCIR 5-point subjective quality scale. I can probably dig out a reference if anyone's sufficiently interested. Which suggests that people in general are even weirder than you think that you are, if that's any comfort. :-)