Christopher Woods wrote:
Tech question - what encoder(s) are you using? If it's software in realtime or close-to-realtime, please (please please) say it's Lame 3.97. If the backend is using the Fraunhofer FhG codec, I think I might contemplate going and banging my head against a wall for a little while.

Wait, what?
You don't believe in inventors being able to profit directly from their inventions by selling software? I mean, there are lots of things wrong with the patent system, but it's not like FhG are patent trolls or this is a submarine. They're (co-)inventors, and they even sell software based on it, not simply lying back and collecting on past IP...

adam