2008/7/22 Andrew McParland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Adam,
>
> Server kicked!
>
> Brian is right that moving forward getting data from /programmes is probably
> a better idea as this is a supported BBC service rather than our temporary
> (ahem), experimental TV-Anytime file service and API.
>
> Internally we're looking at using /programmes, and the data source it is
> based on, for our research work so that we wouldn't have to maintain the
> backstage files and keep the API going as a separate system.  Is there
> anything that you (or others) get from the TV-Anytime files or API that you
> don't get at the moment from /programmes and would like to see continue in
> some form?

Hi all,

As the current developer of the Radio Times XMLTV grabber (xmltv.org)
I've been wanting to support BBC Radio listings for some time, and the
/programmes XML feeds seem to be a great alternative, as we have
little to no contact/support from the RT developers.

I have two questions:

i) Is the DTD used for the /programmes XML detailed anywhere?

ii) Is it possible to get listings from today to as far ahead into the
future as there are listings? The Radio Times XMLTV feed uses single
daily-generated files for each channel (14 days' worth of data per
file) and so rather than grab on a per-day basis, I would like to be
able to grab all available data in a single request.

Thanks,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott