Got a lower version of the Sony HDR-HC9E at work - last year's model. Pretty good for a Handycam: CMOS sensor, audio in. 'Spose it depends if you want DV/HDV or flash cards. For the price I'd probably go with DV tape though.

Got 'em at Amazon for £645, but try Visual Impact Northern - their sales guy Rob usually sorts me out with a really good price. Good luck.

Jim