Pure science is vital. Science relies on data, also, pure science questions
the same data. Data is only useful if it can be relied upon. You can collect
as much data as you as you like and probably end up with useless
information. Imagine if you based you theories on flawed data - result is
meltdown.
My point is that internet users are all too aware of how information is
collected about them. Do you ever wonder why they submit fake information?
Because they can. We can all play the game. It's all about trust!

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Dom Ramsey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 1 Oct 2008, at 18:26, Ian Forrester wrote:
>
>  Facebook
>> ---
>>

> 1. How much data do you hold on the average user and how long do you keep
> it for?
> 2. How does it affect you and your company when 2.5 million+ people join
> groups protesting a redesign? Are the opinions of users important?
> 3. Are you more evil than Google yet?
>

> Dom
>
> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please
>  Unofficial list archive:

Sam Mbale
Mpelembe Network
http://www.mpelembe.net