From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 25 November 2008 15:58
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: [backstage] XML feeds for local radio stations

I'm the webmaster of www.iplayerconverter.co.uk, which provides easy to
use RealAudio links for iPlayer radio content based on the feeds
generously made available by the Beeb - specifically the /programmes and
Audio on Demand XML feeds.

I've noticed that some of the BBC Local Radio stations are now starting
to appear within the new /programmes structure. For example you can use
the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/programmes/schedules/today.xml to
get today's schedule for Radio Norfolk in XML format.

Does anyone know when the local radio stations will be added to the
index of stations at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes and thus be
considered 'official'? I'm slightly wary of starting to use these local
radio XML feeds if they are going to be moved or pulled in the near
future.

On a similar vein, does anyone know when the move of local radio to
iPlayer is likely to happen, and thus the Audio on Demand data become
available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/[network].xml
in the same way as the national stations are? I've had a number of users
asking me when I can start to support their favourite local radio
station

Andrew Dancy
Reincubate - accelerating growth of start-up & entrepreneurial
businesses
http://www.reincubate.com