Hi TIA.
Not sure about 3's service where you are, but at least for me up in North
Yorkshire (in Boroughbridge to be exact), it's rock solid and fast enough to
grab a 100MB file in a few hours or so, barring an occasional DNS problem
which resolves itself within about 30 minutes-1 hour. I've heard the
occasional "horror story", but I've never had any fuss with them, for what
it's worth.

I'm not too familiar with their dongles, although I've never had problems
using my unlocked Nokia N70 over USB with Linux to access their service.
Your mileage may vary on Mac OS X, though.
Just my 2p as a relatively happy prepaid customer of theirs.

Tyson.
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 9:32 AM, zen16...@zen.co.uk <zen16...@zen.co.uk>wrote:

> Many thanks, Fergus
>
> Vodafone say their PAYG dongle doesn't work on Macs:
>
> "This product is not Mac compatible" (from their website - and confirmed by
> the Vodafone store).
>
> T-Mobile dongles are Mac happy, but have no coverage at all in Falmouth
> apparently.
>
> 3 are Mac happy, but I'm told the service is patchy at best ... was hoping
> that someone with some local knowledge might have some experience they could
> share.
>
> I can run XP on the Mac via boot camp or VMWare fusion, but the Vodafone
> shop say the dongle still won't work with Mac hardware even if I have booted
> into Windows ..... this seems strange to me ... would have thought a usb
> dongle would work with Windows drivers irrespective of being on top of Mac
> hardware ... wondered, as well, if anybody has a Vodafone dongle and is
> using it under boot camp/fusion on a Mac.
>
> TIA
>

> On 25 Jan 2009, at 19:56, Fearghas McKay wrote:
>

>> On 25 Jan 2009, at 17:43, <zen16...@zen.co.uk> <zen16...@zen.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Needs to work on a Mac – MBP.
>>>

>> All of the USB dongles should work with a Mac, but you will probably need
>> local knowledge to identify which networks have usable coverage down there.
>> They should all have maps that show network availability.
>>
>> The T-Mobile PAYG lasts 90 days now apparently and the Three one might do
>> - but that may just be you have 90 days to use the voucher and it then lasts
>> for 30 days, which was the scenario. Both of them should sell you a dongle
>> for ~£40 if you shop around.
>>
>> HTH

>> -
>> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe,
>> please visit
>> http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.
>>  Unofficial list archive:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/
>>

> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please
>  Unofficial list archive:

Fight Internet Censorship! http://www.eff.org
http://i9.house404.co.uk/ | Twitter/FriendFeed/Skype: vmlemon |
+447549728105