2009/2/9 Phil Whitehouse <phil.whiteho...@gmail.com>:

>>Maybe I'm a poor deluded misguided fool who needs showing the error of my
>> ways?
>
> We're training our kids to give money to vendors for their entire lives.

And, more importantly IMO, to not consider the value of freedom in
relation to the parts of there lives that are computer-mediated, which
is an accelerating part of all our lives.

Sadly, since schools routinely spy on the use of computers and
discipline students for using them for hobbies instead of only using
them for school-approved learning, students learn lessons about
freedom and privacy in relation to computers the hard way.

Cheers,
Dave
(personal opinion only.)