I have to admit that I generally don't see the point of twitter.  Having
said that though, this recent spell of cold weather has actually made me
like it, mostly because the university I go to have been updating us on
whether the uni is closed via twitter (http://twitter.com/UniofBath), and
also the local bus company have been doing the same (
http://twitter.com/bathcsc).  Much easier and nicer than constantly going
back to a web page with the service status on (or going out and waiting for
an hour for a bus that never turns up).

Personally I think it is things like that which will bring twitter to the
mainstream, especially when combined with it's ease of use on mobile
devices.

Duncan