for me I have made some excellent connections via twitter both for work
purposes and for personal. I now have a modest number of followers and I
follower an equal number of people. I have connected on a social level with
Greeks/Cypriots around the globe who are interested in Web 2.0, twitterers
in my region and people who are interested in our Second Life work. In fact
on a better scale than linked in.

I also, I have to admit, follow the likes of Stephen Fry and @wossy. I even
followed Russell Brand just to see how quickly his number of followers would
rise over the hour, two hours and 24hrs etc.

I'm now connected to a wider audience of people which reflect my interests
and my local community and have in turn met some of them either in Second
Life and in Real Life.

As a result of a twitter we found out that we'd been mentioned in dispatches
by a presenter at an Ideas Performance event, I twittered back who then
asked me to write a blog post. As fortune would have it I was meeting the
client for a coffee and between the two of us we responded
http://ideaperformance.com/2009/01/27/birmingham-and-second-life/ all within
an hour of the first tweet.

Now thats what I call magic!

Soulla :)

--
Soulla Stylianou
RL Client Director

e: soulla.stylia...@daden.co.uk
t: 0121 698 8520
m: 07814145167

w: www.daden.co.uk
http://twitter.com/SoullaStylianou

sl: http://www.slurl.com/secondlife/daden%20prime/160/184/26

sl IM: ImmortalitySou Ballinger

Daden Limited is an Information 2.0 Consultancy and full service Virtual
Worlds/Second Life development agency.

Creators of Daden Navigator - the first Web Browser for Second Life (
http://www.daden.co.uk/navigator)